Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Baby is 6 Months Old!


Ok, so my baby is actually 6 1/2 months old.....but it has taken me that extra half to come to grips with the fact that my baby is already through half of his first year. I don't know why its so hard to accept that fact this time around. Ok, that's a lie. I have totally thought and figured out why.  With my first kiddo, I was thrilled to experience the unknowns and to start the next phase of each milestone of his life; I was anxious to see what fun stuff comes next. With the second, I know what's coming next and I so desperately just want time to slow it all down. It goes by way to fast and I am certain that this only gets worse with more children. Eye yi yi.  I can only imagine what I will be like on the last kid. I'm sure I will be doing my best to hold tight to every last moment of babyhood. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the new phases. Love them. I get so excited for Miles to be old enough for him and his awesome older brother to go run around together. But there is just something I love about this tiny child that has not a single care in the world....that simply wakes up beaming with smiles and giggles every single morning and after every nap....that loves to watch his big brother's every movement....that loves his mama-snuggle-time to put him to bed at night....that loves bedtime period....that loves the simple play time of knee bounces and silly songs....that shows great gratitude every time I respond to his simple cry of need....that so easily and simply loves and loves to be loved back.  Heaven know a lot of that goes down the long, twirly drain the day he turns two (I say that with a giggle and a wink). Whew. Ok. Let's change the mood here. Baby Boy, YOU are the happiest kid I know and I am beyond lucky to be your mama! I love you love you love you, Mr. Mack. Happy Half-Year Birthday! You are an all-star and we all love you to itty-bitty pieces.









1 comment:

  1. I feel ya. I thought time flew by with Lily, but it's definitely gone by even faster with Kayson.

    Enjoy your littles, they're adorable! Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete