Monday, April 23, 2012

Just Like Mama

Ok. It is no secret I love a good, cold treat. Ice cream. Red Mango (Blue Moon or Pina Coloda, anyone?!). Popsicles. Frozen fruit. Ice cold drinks. It's also no secret (at least to my dear husband),  that I am not a good cold treat sharer. I have come to terms with the fact that I am selfish in this part of life...but am trying to work on it nonetheless. Ha. Apparently I will get a taste of my own bad medicine -- this gene has been passed along to my first born. Holy heavens. Of course, the day I realized this, I just had to test him out and push the kid's buttons a little. After all, I did purchase that delightful treat for him, it was only proper to offer some back to me. As you can tell...he wasn't too happy about sharing.

Son, I can totally relate.


Loving his ice cream treat.....

Thinking mom is just being funny...

Realizing mom is not funny and just stole some of his deliciousness...

I love those moments when personality shines. Shine on, Bridger....shine on.


This moment lead my memory back a few years before I was a good sharer of chocolate. Once upon time I lived in sunny California with my dreamy husband who also had a chocolate addiction. I thought I was the bomb of bomb-diggity wives who bought their husbands favorite chocolate treat as a surprise -- a Utah Mint Truffle (those were hard to come by in sunny Cali). But as I pulled up to the parking lot where I was meeting him and others for dinner, I decided it would be far more fun to show him the delicious treat and then insist on a good begging. That failed. (Duh?!) So. Being the go-getter man he is, he snatched the treat out of my hand...and ran. This lead to a very fun-mad chase around the parking lot. Well....the picture says it all.  I was the winner-winner with the chocolate dinner. Boo-ya.
 

I suppose I should work on sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment