Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Super Racer

Two weekends ago, my brother came up for his Human Powered Machine competition. It was so fun going to watch his races those 2 days! I had never seen anything like that race before....and it was both fascinating and educating watching the machines that the various schools built to compete with. Who would have thought engineering a human powered machine could be so cool?! So proud of you, Trev!



The other super cool part of the weekend? We snuck it to watch 2 pro racecars take a few practice runs. It was a.w.e.s.o.m.e! We would have never been able to get that close to them at an actual race. Now, heaven knows I l.o.v.e. a good adrenaline rush and as we are watching these cars zoom by and at a zillion mph, all I could do was dreeeeeeaaaaaammmmm of driving one of my own. Hmmm, I'll just add it to the list with flying a jet. That's realistic, right? Ok, so maybe I will never get to drive these need-for-speed machines, but maybe I can be the passenger?! Anyhow, this was awesome. And my cute, little Bridger was enjoying it as much as I was.  All he could talk about the rest of the weekend were the "faster racecars." Adorable. It was even cuter watching him wait for the racecar to zoom around the corner and fly by us on the straightaway. And as the car passed, he would wave, "Bye racecar." So fun. Kids make everything cooler. I love it. And this was super cool.....right until the point we got booted out.

It was such a fun weekend! Thank you, Trev, for providing an excuse to get together and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment